If you reached this site in error and wish to apply for a corporate grant or sponsorship from Highmark, please click
and follow the instructions to apply.
The Highmark Foundation is a private, charitable, organization of Highmark Inc. that supports initiatives and programs aimed at improving community health. The Highmark Foundation's mission is to improve the health, well-being and quality of life for individuals who reside in communities served by Highmark Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates. We fulfill our mission by awarding high impact grants. We are proud to support charitable organizations that are a good fit with our mission statement above and that meet the criteria below. Please read the following information carefully before submitting a request.
Our focus is health. The Foundation awards health-related programmatic grants to charitable organizations to implement evidence-based programs aimed at improving community health within Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Grant funding is used to support projects that:
- Are consistent with the Foundation’s goals, strategies and focus
- Demonstrate new and sustainable ways to solve health problems
- Illustrate the effectiveness of early intervention and preventive health
The Foundation awards grants in three priority areas:
- Chronic disease
- Family health
- Service delivery systems
The Foundation will not support:
- Golf tournaments
- Capital campaigns
- Capital costs, including construction or renovation
- Purchase, rental or maintenance of vehicles
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Deficit funding
- Clinical research
- Overhead costs
- Direct financial subsidy of health services to individuals or groups
- Individual needs or other forms of financial aid
- Lobbying or political campaigns
To be eligible for a grant, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a nonprofit defined as tax exempt under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and as a public charity under section 509 (a) of that code. The Foundation does not support third-party or fiduciary arrangements.
- Be located in one of 62 counties in Pennsylvania (with the exception of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties) or the state of West Virginia.
- Have not received a grant in the same year. The Foundation will award only one grant per organization each year. If your organization has more than one project, please make sure you determine which program is a priority.
All requests for consideration must be submitted online. If your project/program is a good fit based on the criteria above, you will first need to create an account to submit your proposal.
If you have an existing account, enter your username and password and click Log in or create a new account if you are new to our online system by clicking ‘Create an account’.